Welcome to my Tactful Online Poetry Feedback service.
I had very little confidence in my poetry until I asked Jackson to go through it. She told me what was effective and where I needed to put more work in. She is a thorough editor, not afraid to change or question, and helps bring the best out of each poem. Since then I have had poems published in Blackmail Press, Creatrix, Famous Reporter, Uneven Floor and Going Down Swinging.
— Tineke Van der Eecken, Tineke Creations
Brief assessment, from $9.50
What you’ll get: For each poem you will receive a score out of 5 on the artistic merit of your idea or concept; a score out of 5 on the standard of the writing; and a short paragraph briefly stating the poem’s strengths and weaknesses.
In-depth assessment, from $39.50
What you’ll get: For each poem you will receive a score out of 5 on the artistic merit of your idea or concept; a score out of 5 on the standard of the writing; and detailed remarks about the poem’s strengths and weaknesses. I will read your poem several times and give it considerable thought. If I think it is appropriate I will make detailed editing suggestions; I may provide these using the ‘Insert Comments’ and ‘Track Changes’ features of LibreOffice or Microsoft Word.
Prices are in Australian dollars.
How to get your
- Put your poem or poems in one document. I prefer .odt format (from LibreOffice, OpenOffice, etc) but will accept Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), .rtf, .pdf or plain text.
- Do a word count. In LibreOffice: Tools → Word Count. In Microsoft Word: Review → Word Count.
- Read the Terms and Conditions below.
- Use one of the Paypal buttons below to buy your assessment. (You don’t need a Paypal account.)
- Use the Send Poetry link below the buttons to send me your document and the Paypal receipt number or transaction ID. Please add your name to the subject line. I will reply with your assessment.
- Single poem of 250 words or less: $9.50
- Poem(s) of up to 4000 words: $7.50 per 250 words, charged per 1000 words:
- Up to 500 words: $15
- Up to 1000 words: $30
- Up to 2000 words: $60
- Up to 3000 words: $90
- Up to 4000 words: $120
- More than 4000 words: Please contact me for a quote. Include a brief sample of your poetry.
- Single poem of 250 words or less: $39.50
- Poem(s) of up to 2000 words: $32.50 per 250 words, charged per 500 words:
- More than 2000 words: Please contact me for a quote. Include a brief sample of your poetry.
Click the following link to email me your poetry. Please add your name to the subject line, quote the Paypal receipt number or transaction ID, and attach your document. (And if you can, please would you tell me where you heard about this service?) I will reply with your assessment. Many thanks for your purchase — I look forward to reading your poetry.
Who am I to be offering this?
Read my collected poems
See my books, album, chapbooks and zines
Read some of my poems written on commission
Read some of my poems for special occasions
Terms and conditions
- Any words after the paid-for word count will be ignored.
- No correspondence will be entered into. If you want a second email about a poem, please use the buttons to request another assessment. If you want to have an email, Skype or face-to-face conversation about a poem, please contact me for a quote. My standard hourly rates are here.
- Brief assessments usually take between 1 and 3 working days. In-depth assessments may take 5 to 10 working days. These times are not guaranteed, sorry, because there’s only one of me. If your assessment seems to be taking a long time, feel free to contact me.
- Assessments provided are my opinion only. I can’t guarantee that you will be published, win a competition, or impress your mother. I will do my best to provide expert feedback, but I take no responsibility for anything that happens or does not happen in your poetry career or in any other aspect of your life.
- Privacy: I will not share your email address, poetry, assessment, or any other details with anyone. I will not plagiarise your poetry. I have a list of previous clients whom I contact very occasionally with updates: if you’d rather not be added to that list, just ask when you send me your poetry.